V&E has an opening for Collection Management Librarian, see below.
Follow this link to apply:
Collection Management Librarian - (0649)
As part of the Research & Knowledge Services department, the Collection Management Librarian is responsible for maintaining library systems that facilitate search, discovery and delivery of resources in both print and electronic format. The position also assists with financial management of the department, including budgeting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the lifecycle of print and electronic resources including ordering, invoice processing, cataloging and maintaining access in the library catalog and other systems.
- Works with technical support staff and reference librarians to ensure that the library systems are optimized for acquisitions, cataloging/metadata and e-resource management operations.
- Serves as communications link between vendors and IT department in implementing features, installing upgrades, and troubleshooting; customizes appearance and features of systems for all users.
- Coordinates with Director of Research & Knowledge Services and Practice Group Directors on library resource budgeting for all offices.
- Updates records in conjunction with library moves and cancellations as needed.
- Works with vendors on ordering new products and managing standing orders.
- Works with the Director of Research & Knowledge Services to monitor and advise on space planning needs for all offices.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Job is performed in a typical office environment, but is subject to time pressures and constraints, and is often dependent on input from others.
- Occasional overtime is required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree with significant law library experience or Master of Library Science.
Experience: One year of library catalog experience.
Special Knowledge: Knowledge of online legal and non-legal services, service providers, and library operations.
Technical Skills: Familiarity with library catalog software, legal research resources, and SharePoint. Strong understanding of financial management and budgeting.
Attributes: Must have good organizational skills.
Other Qualifications: Ability to work well and deal tactfully with people in high-pressure situations.